Thursday, June 30, 2016

Paleo Sloppy Joe Stuffed Sweet Potatoes

Its day 4 and I am LOVING this Paleo diet. I feel better and I can already start telling a difference with how I am looking ! I can only imagine what I will be feeling like in a few weeks! I did a diet similar to Paleo earlier in the year, Whole 30. It's a little stricter than Paleo but you can find many recipes that compliment both diets. I originally found the recipe on paleonewbie.com.  Hope you enjoy this as much as we did! My husband (who is not on the diet) added sour cream and cheese to his!



Ingredients:
4 baked sweet potatoes
1 1/2 lbs grass fed ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1/4 cup celery, chopped
1 clove garlic
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
2 Tbsp coconut sugar
14 oz can organic diced tomatoes
6 oz can organic tomato paste
1 Tbsp coconut oil

Directions:

Prepare your sweet potatoes before you begin (bake/microwave). Heat coconut oil on medium heat. Add garlic, onion, and celery. Cook until the vegetables are tender. Once your vegetables are ready, brown your meat in the same skillet. Start adding your spices, sugar, and bell peppers. Pour in your tomatoes and tomato paste. Simmer your skillet for 15-20 minutes. Finish with salt and pepper to taste. Cut your cooked sweet potatoes in half and scoop out a small portion. Fill your potatoes with sloppy joe and enjoy!

No comments: