Thursday, February 19, 2015

50 Shades of Grey Party!

So last valentines day I hosted a Pure Romance "50 Shades of Grey" themed party. To say it was a hit was an understatement considering 40 girls showed up! One thing I LOVE more than anything is throwing a good party! So I am going to give you some of my best party tips, dishes, and an inside look at my very own 50 Shades of Grey party!

First, you must always start with a theme! Considering we were doing a Pure Romance party, 50 Shades seemed appropriate. So first I reread the book (for like the 600th time) to get some good catch phrases. I like to label my foods based off of my party theme to really bring it to life!



The best type of food to prepare is always easy finger foods. With big dishes people may be less likely to grab some. And with all the time and money you put into preparing it we want our guest to eat right?? Some of the nights biggest hits were:

After Sex Antipasta Skewers 


(recipe featured on this blog !) 


(recipe featured on this blog!)



(Recipe featured on this blog!)




(Recipe featured on this blog!)


BBQ Pigs 
(These are super easy, just make normal Pigs N Blanket but slather some Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce on the crescent roll before rolling them up and baking. So delicious!)


And whats good snacks with out some sweets? (My favorite place to get cupcakes from is this local cupcake place called Carolina Cupcakes http://carolinacupcakery.com/ )



It also helps to have color  themed plates (Mine were all black and red for the most part) and little things to throw the party together like fun napkins 


and party favors!


And whats a party with out some liquid encouragement?


My famous Margaronas! (recipe is featured in this blog!)

And the Sexy Sangria recipe from Teresa Davis (also featured in this blog!)


Fun Jello Shooters!



The little things are key when throwing a successful party! I like to make invitations with an RSVP and then constantly talk up the party about how much fun its going to be, that way people wont forget!! We had such a blast and hopefully some of these fun ideas will make their way into your kitchen!!









No comments: