Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Low Carb Buffalo Ranch Chicken Pork Rind Nachos

I have been experimenting with new ways to eat low carb foods that are more than just meat and cheese (as much as I love tuna fish... having it everyday for lunch can be a little tiring...)

I made the regular beef pork rinds nachos which were awesome and it got me thinking. What other kind of nachos can I make? and then it hit me. Buffalo chicken nachos! We found  this buffalo chicken packet in the grocery store last week and grilled some chicken with it. It was the perfect amount of spice with out being smothered in hot sauce. I decided to bake the chicken and shred it over the pork rinds and boy was it a great idea! You can use any type of buffalo sauce but I recommend the pouch (you can find it in the isle with the sauce mixes and crockpot mix packets)


Ingredients:
2 bags of pork rinds
1 lb of chicken (I get the tenderloins already sliced)
1 packet of buffalo chicken seasoning
3/4 cup sour cream
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 cup chopped lettuce
3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
3/4 cup ranch dressing

Directions:
Cook with chicken by the directions on your buffalo seasoning packet. Ours called to heat the oven to 350 and bake for 30 minutes. Since I used thinner sliced of chicken breast, I found I only needed to cook it for 20 minutes. Slice through the chicken to make sure it is fully cooked.

Before.

After.

Take your pork rinds (I used a bag of salt and pepper and a bag of hot) and spread them out on a baking sheet.


Start shredding your chicken and placing over the pork rinds.


You can put as much or as little cheese as you want. If you are on the Atkins diet, you can eat tons of cheese so load it up!


Bake at 350 for 10 minutes to melt the cheese.


Now start adding your toppings. I smothered sour cream over top then added the tomatoes, lettuce, and drizzled ranch over top.



You cant certainly change up the toppings too. For hotter nachos try adding jalapenos!

Enjoy!









No comments: