Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Candy corn Trash!

For our 31 days of Halloween we had to make a candy corn treat. I will be honest, I do not love candy corn. I think I have eaten so much as a child that the thought of it can make me cringe. This challenge was a little hard for me but after looking at a few things online I found the PERFECT candy corn recipe!! I have always called this puppy chow but many folks around here refer it to trash. You can change the recipe up and add your favorite things! This is based from the recipe from boysahoy.com.


 
 
Ingredients:
9 cups corn or Rice Chex cereal
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups candy corn
1 1/2 cups Reese's pieces
2 cups pretzels
 
Directions:


Pour chex mix cereal into a large bowl, set aside. In a medium sized microwavable bowl, melt chocolate chips, butter, and peanut butter. Place the bowl into microwave for 1 minute. Stir the chocolate mixture, then place in the microwave for another 30 seconds or until melted. Once chocolate is melted, stir in vanilla.


 
 
Once you have your chocolate sauce, pour over the chex mix. Coat the chex mix carefully with out breaking all the cereal.
 
 
Place cereal in a large ziplock bag to coat in powdered sugar (I just stirred it with my hands in the bowl. This was is a little more time consuming but can be done if you don't have bags!)
 
 
Once your puppy chow is coated in powered sugar, place on a cookie sheet with tin foil or wax paper to dry it out.
 


Once the chocolate has dried, place in a bowl with the remaining ingredients. Its easy to make and really yummy! Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did here at the office!


 
 



 

No comments: