Monday, May 11, 2015

Cookies and Cream cupcakes

With my new decorating kit I wanted to make another fun cupcake this weekend for mothers day and then I stumbled across this oreo cupcake recipe that is just as delicious as it looks!

Don't they just look mouth watering!!! I think Johnny and I ate about 10 in 2 days they were just so yummy! And they were pretty east to make as well!

While there are many different ways your could make these cupcakes (oreo cake with vanilla, chocolate, or oreo frosting or chocolate cake or vanilla cake with oreo frosting) we decided to go full out and do an oreo cake with oreo frosting. I based these cupcakes off of a recipe I saw on remarkablehome.net

Ingredients:
Oreo Cake
White cake mix (with ingredients needed on package)
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups oreo crumbs
Oreos for bottom of cupcakes
Oreo Icing
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 stick of butter
1 cup marshmallow cream
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp whipping cream
1 cup powdered sugar
2 cups super fine oreo crumbs
Optional: Cookies for decoration (I used mini oreos)

Directions;
Mix the cupcakes according to the package. (Usually requires eggs, water, and oil) Add the sour cream and oreo crumbs. Preheat according to the package. You can also use your favorite white cake recipe if you want to make them from scratch. Once the batter is mixed prepare the cupcake tins. I lined mine with a cute black and white liner and then placed my oreos inside.


If you have the patients you can use a parting knife and evenly spread the cream on the bottom but I went for the more convenient approach. Some people get a surprise on the bottom with cream and some people don't! All were delicious!

Once the bottoms are ready pour the oreo cookie mix into the liners about 2/3 of the way full and make according to the box. Cool cupcakes COMPLETELY before frosting.

For the oreo frosting, I took the oreos and placed them in a blender to chop them up fine. Since we are piping them on they need to be small to fit through the tip. Once the oreos are ready, In a separate bowl cream the butter and cream cheese together. Slowly add the powdered sugar. Then fold in the marshmallow cream, vanilla, and whipping cream. Slowly add in the oreo crumbs. For the frosting I used a piping bag with a round tip opening. Once all the cupcakes are frosted garnish with a mini oreo! They are so cute and yummy! Enjoy!



No comments: