Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Quick Snap Beans

I have my "Arkansas" style green beans on here which are amazing but sometimes I don't want to make a whole batch or have the time to cook the bacon and then cook in the oven for 45 minutes so I started playing with an easy stove top version for smaller portions and it was a hit!


Ingredients:
2 cups Fresh Snap Beans
2 tbsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp olive oil
Garlic salt
1 garlic clove, minced

Directions:
This recipe can be changed. Depending on our mood and diet we might ad a little more or less of each ingredients until we like the overall taste of it. 
First prepare the beans. I snap off the ends and boil them for about 15-20 minutes depending on how you like them (we like ours more soft so we boil them longer).
After the beans are ready, in a skillet heat the oil. Brown the garlic and add the beans. Add in the soy sauce, brown sugar, and garlic salt. Heat for about 7-10 minutes until the green beans are at your desired texture. This is the point where I like the taste test them and add more of each ingredient if needed. Enjoy!

No comments: