Monday, May 11, 2015

Orange Cranberry Glazed cake

I had recently gotten a bundt cake pan and really wanted to make something in it. I love fruit cakes like orange and lemon cakes with fruit in them so I decided to make an orange cake with cranberries (my grandparent love cranberry bread). I used a recipe from thatsmyhome.com.

Ingredients:
Cake
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
1 cup sugar + 2 tsp sugar
3 large eggs
zest of 1 orange + Juice
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries or craisins
Icing
1 cup powdered sugar
2-3 tablespoons orange juice, water, or milk

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray your bundt pan and then sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of sugar around the pan.


On top of the sugar, sprinkle 1/4 cup of your cranberries.


In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until well blended. (I blended for 2-3 minutes). Start added eggs one at a time blending each one. 

I then used a grated to zest the peel of the orange, measuring out about 1 tablespoon.


Add the zest and any juice from the orange to the batter.


Stir in the sour cream, flour, salt and baking powder. Once the batter is well mixed, incorporate the remaining cranberries. 

Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes in pan before flipping on a wire rack to cool. Mix your glaze ingredients (I went with the orange juice and sugar option) and pour over the top of cake. Enjoy!







No comments: