Monday, May 11, 2015

Sunflower Cupcakes

I was feeling inspired this mothers day to make some yummy treats which included these cute Sunflower cupcakes!

They are my first decorated cupcakes I made and they were a huge hit! For the cake I did my almond wedding cake flavored cupcakes but any cupcake mix could be used. After baking the cupcakes and letting them cool completely I frosted the top of the cakes to allow the frosting and oreos stick to the top.


I then added oreos on the tops of each flower. I just split mine in half where some had the cream still and others do not. I will say the ones with no cream were easier to frost and came out better. For the future I will take all cream off. 



If you need help frosting the flowers please watch this tutorial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeRuiDTzqZc

I was not feeling inspired to make my own frosting so I used the can frosting and added about 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar to get a good consistency and a nice light yellow color. You can also color your favorite frosting with an icing dye kit. 

They turned out super cute and very yummy! We will certainly be making these again!




No comments: