Tuesday, June 30, 2015

LOW CARB Cheeseburger Pie

So me and Johnny have been on the Atkins diet, which for those of you unfamiliar is a low carb diet to help shed weight fast. While the results may not be as long lasting as the others its the prefect diet for us to shed some weight before the big day in 3 months! I have been scavenging the internet for low carb meals (as much as I love tuna fish and Jimmy Johns unwich, some time you need to change things up). I found this recipe on somedayilllearn.com and oh my am I glad I found it! For any dieter...... does this look like something you can eat and lose weight?!?

Yes, it is as yummy as it looks and almost 0 CARBS! Its a win win!

Ingredients:
2 pounds of ground beef (I used 2 packages that were together around 2.25 pounds)
3 tbsp onion powder
4 eggs
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup heavy cream (they were out at the store so I used regular whipping cream)
16 oz of shredded cheddar cheese (you can get away with blocked like I did)
Salt and Pepper to taste.

Directions:

Preheat oven to to 350 degrees and start browning your meat.


Once your meat is fully cooked, drain off any excess fat. Mix in the onion powder, some salt and pepper. Stir in 3/4 cup shredded cheese.


Dump meat into a pie dish.


In a separate bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, cream, and eggs with a dash of salt and pepper. 


Pour the cream mixture of the meat in the pie dish. 


Top off the pie with your remaining shredded cheese (we decided to use the left over sharp cheddar we had)

Bake for 30-35 minutes or until bubbling. 


Enjoy! And good luck on your weight loss journey!







No comments: